A Brand New Year



Here we are in 2012 and I'm busy making new stock and scouting materials. 

Check out these carved buttons that are about to be reincarnated into cufflinks with black diamonds set in the holes. I hope to create some new designs this spring but time and buttons will tell. I really enjoy hunting for materials and trying to decide what the best use of the material would be. 

As I'm sure most of you know I use only natural materials in my work and trying to use as much reclaimed material as possible.

Sometimes it does get a little tricky trying to meet the consumer demand. That is why I always encourage customers to bring me their old silver and buttons for a deep discount. 

It helps me to keep the momentum in my artwork and the satisfaction that I have taken something discarded and made it useful and beautiful again.


Onward and upward 2012!

Comments

Popular Posts